Which tenancy - lodger / license agreement



Although this will not be a tenancy, you need to be careful about using standard lodger agreements in the shops, as the agreement needs to make it clear that you are providing services. AST tenancy agreements are not suitable.

The lodger agreement you will find on the Your Law Store site (go there by clicking next below) will be suitable but make sure you complete the 'services' section of the agreement carefully.

If you stop providing the services, then the status of the occupier will change to become that of a tenant, and if you give a new written agreement. If you are using Landlord Law agreements, this will need to be one of the Type C resident landlord tenancy agreements. 

You will also find some guidance on the >> Lodger Landlord web-site.

Next     Back






Not a Landlord Law Member - Join Now