Which tenancy - guarantees


Further information:

You are worried that your proposed tenant may not be able to pay the rent

If you decide to let the property to this tenant, despite your reservations, you should ask for someone to stand as guarantor. This means that if your tenant fails to pay the rent, or pay for damage at the property, the guarantor is legally obliged to pay in his place.

The guarantor will need to sign a form of guarantee.  You can either use the guarantee version of your tenancy agreement type, or our separate guarantee deed.

The separate deed may be better if you are signing up several joint tenants, for example students where all of their parents are standing as guarantors, as this will mean less signatures on the main tenancy agreement.

Please now click the next button below to go to the main tenancy agreements download section (logged in members only), the back button to see the other options, or the join now button if you are not a member..

Next  click to go back   Click here to join






Not a Landlord Law Member - Join Now